Monday, April 26, 2010

The Croucher at the Door: A Form of Demonized Tulpa in the Bible

.


When we were kids, at least two of us -- I and my older sister -- were annoyed by the croucher-at-the-door phenomenon. As I grew up, I thought it was a mere optical illusion -- a trick my mind was playing on my not-yet-fully-matured brain. Something appeared on television, or my older sister read a story -- I forget which -- identifying the phenomenon as an occultic idea and phenomenon. I remember my sister expressing amazement at this, and saying that she had been bothered by the sensation for years. It did indeed turn out to be a demonic infestation -- an objectively real thing -- in my parents' home. By praying, I was able to dispose of it.

The problem manifested in this fashion. When I would walk into one doorway of a room with two doorways, out of the corner of my eye I would catch something about two feet tall bolting out the other doorway. Sometimes, when I was in a room with only one doorway, when I glanced up I would have the sensation of the same thing bolting out the door to keep me from clearly seeing it.

I disposed of the thing by prayer before I fully understood it. It is one of the demons mentioned in the Bible -- in Genesis 4, the story of Cain and Abel...
4 ...The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,
5 but on Cain and his offering he did not. Cain greatly resented this and was crestfallen.
6 So the LORD said to Cain: "Why are you so resentful and crestfallen?
7 If you do well, you can hold up your head; but if not, sin is a demon lurking at the door: his urge is toward you, yet you can be his master." Genesis 4:4b-7.
The Hebrew reads "l·phthch chtath rbtz" or, literally, "at [the] door sin [is a] croucher." "Croucher," rendered "rbtz," here, "robes" in Strong's and "rabisu," in ancient Akkadian, from which the term was derived, was a demon found crouching down, lying in wait at doorways.

In Bible typology, "door" and "gate" symbolize "Christ." In Genesis 4:7, God would be telling Cain that is a "croucher at the door" to symbolically suggest that sin is keeping mankind away from Christ. Much of everything in demonology (and in the demonology of UFOs and the Abduction Phenomenon, by the way) satirizes Biblical teaching. So, perhaps Satan positions those demons who are able to establish a home on Earth in people's residences at doorways to satirize Genesis 4:7.

The idea is that when occultic human focus or the focus of sin creates an evil-tainted tulpa easily occupied by a demon, among other things Satan assigns the occupying demon to the job of being a door-lurking rabisu-type familiar, making gentle fun of Genesis 4:7. I believe that we kids accidentally generated the rabisu tulpa in our parents' by playing with the Ouija board our parents gave us as a toy when we were young.

I have long suspected that the grotesques on Notre Dame...


...were actually a medieval conception of rabisus.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment