Saturday, September 4, 2010

How I Say the Rosary...the Nativity

I'll repeat the structure I devised, then post the Bible verses which I consider to be relevant to a consideration of the named Mystery.


ROSARY STRUCTURE:

The Sign of the Cross.

The Apostles Creed.

One Our Father.

One Hail Mary.

One Glory Be.

One Oh My Jesus ("Oh, my Jesus, forgive us our sins," etc.)

Then, the announcement, "First Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation."

Then, one Our Father.

Then, I actually really do "contemplate the Mystery."

Then, after contemplating the Mystery, I say one Hail Mary, one Glory Be, and one Oh My Jesus.

Then I repeat the cycle, beginning with the announcement of the next Mystery, and the Our Father, followed by contemplation of that Mystery, and so on.


BIBLE VERSES TO CONTEMPLATE:

Re the Nativity, contemplate...


Of course, Matthew 1:1-23, and Luke 21-21. But the key verse is Luke 2:7, because the Nativity is really about the Eucharist.

What do I mean by that?

Contemplate Exodus 12:1-28, especially Verses 3 through 10, inclusive. Also contemplate Genesis 27:1-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment